- We have developed a plugin that seamlessly connects your CardUp for Business and Xero accounts.
- This enables you to let your customers pay your Xero-issued invoices with their credit cards or (New!) PayNow with ease.
- The payment status will be reflected in both your CardUp and Xero accounts, syncing up both of your favorite platforms. There are no fees or setup required.
1. How do I set up the connection between my CardUp for Business and Xero accounts?
For the connection setup to be successful, you would need to have completed your Collect account setup and have your account verified and approved by the CardUp team.
- Navigate from the dashboard: Locate the Xero integration by navigating to Account > Account Settings > Collect Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the Collect Settings page
- Start the setup flow: Click on ‘Set Up Now’ to start connecting your CardUp and Xero accounts
- Connect to Xero: Select 'Connect to Xero' as the first step of the connection setup
- Log into your Xero account: You will then be prompted to log in to your Xero account. Click on 'Connect to Xero' to proceed
- Allow access to your Xero account: After logging in to Xero, you will be asked to allow CardUp to access the information in your Xero account. Click on 'Allow Access' to complete the integration
- Accounts connected: Your CardUp-Xero Plugin page will show that you are now connected to your Xero account
- Decide who pays the CardUp fee: For the second step of the connection setup, select any or all of the three available CardUp fee options that you can apply to your invoices
- Set up Xero track: Select the account where incoming payments to you will be tracked under Xero, and select the Xero expense account where CardUp fees (if paid by your company) will be tracked under Xero
- Complete setup: Click on ‘Save Account Details’ to complete the connection setup
- Embed CardUp into invoices: With the setup done, you would need to embed CardUp's payment services into your Xero invoices next. This would be done in your Xero account, and the steps can be found below
2. How do I embed CardUp's payment services in my Xero invoices?
The embedding of CardUp payment services in your invoices can be done in your Xero account. Begin by logging into your Xero account:
- Navigate to Xero: Click on your organization's dropdown menu on the top left corner of your Xero dashboard. Navigate to Manage Themes through Settings > Payment Services > Manage Themes
- Apply branding themes: Select the credit card service(s) you have opted for during your connection setup to your applicable branding themes and click on 'Save'
- Add payment button to invoices: All your invoices using this theme (e.g. Standard) will now have the 'Pay by Credit Card/PayNow' button to allow your customers the option of paying by credit card or PayNow via CardUp
3. How do my customers pay me through my Xero invoices?
- As you generate a new Xero invoice, CardUp's payment services would automatically be embedded into the new invoice
- When your customer views your invoice, a green payment button would be displayed on the top-left corner of the invoice. Clicking this payment button will bring your customer to a secure checkout page hosted on CardUp, with your invoice details and payment amount automatically pulled from your Xero account
- Your customer will then be prompted to enter their personal and credit card information or generate a PayNow QR code to complete the payment. Note that this information is 100% secured and credit card information is never stored on CardUp servers
- Once payment is complete, your customer will receive a payment confirmation receipt via email
4. How do I make changes to my CardUp-Xero connection?
- For changes related to your CardUp-Xero connection, you can access the CardUp-Xero Integration page via Account Settings and make any necessary changes there.
- For changes on who to pay the CardUp fee, you can amend this through your Xero account under the same 'Manage Themes' section under 'Payment Services' that you would have gone through during connection setup.