This is to allow IRAS sufficient time to process each payment, and to prevent any potential reconciliation issues with your payments. For users with existing GIRO payment plans, we would require 3-5 business days before your existing GIRO deduction takes place on a certain date every month. Once the GIRO deduction takes place, IRAS would require another 3-5 business days to update your Statement of Account with the outstanding tax balance, as seen in your myTax Portal account.
Articles in this section
- How do CardUp tax payments work?
- Can I pay via instalments or can CardUp payments replace my existing GIRO payments?
- Why can I only schedule a tax payment within a fixed period each month?
- How do I know my payment has been received?
- Do I need to notify IRAS that I’ve paid via CardUp?
- I entered the wrong Tax Reference Number when making my payment, how do I resolve this?
- I paid the wrong amount, how do I resolve this?
- Is CardUp a tax agent?
- Is it safe to use CardUp for my taxes?
- Will I earn my card rewards on tax payments via CardUp?