When setting up your tax payment, your payment reference field will be pre-filled with the NRIC number linked to your CardUp account, and will not be editable. This is to prevent any erroneous payments made to tax accounts aside from yours.
Articles in this section
- How do CardUp tax payments work?
- Can I pay via instalments or can CardUp payments replace my existing GIRO payments?
- Why can I only schedule a tax payment within a fixed period each month?
- How do I know my payment has been received?
- Do I need to notify IRAS that I’ve paid via CardUp?
- I entered the wrong Tax Reference Number when making my payment, how do I resolve this?
- I paid the wrong amount, how do I resolve this?
- Is CardUp a tax agent?
- Is it safe to use CardUp for my taxes?
- Will I earn my card rewards on tax payments via CardUp?