Yes, you can schedule a one-off or monthly recurring income tax payments on our platform. Please note that you will not be able to set up tax payments on behalf of a family member or legal spouse and can only schedule one set of tax payments per tax account.
How to set up your monthly income tax payment
1. Ensure you have an existing GIRO instalment payment plan with IRAS and do not cancel it even after setting up your payments on CardUp. A GIRO is required by IRAS in order to pay monthly. Learn how you can apply for GIRO payments here.
2. When setting up your payment, please provide us with either of following as supporting documents:
- Notice of Assessment or
- GIRO Payment Plan or
- Statement of Accounts (whichever is applicable)
Ensure it shows your (1) Name (2) NRIC/FIN (3) Outstanding tax balance (4) Date of outstanding tax balance. A guide on where this can be obtained can be found here.
3. Please schedule due date of tax payments (for monthly payments) to be 12th monthly to ensure that IRAS receives your payment in time. E.g payment due 12 July on CardUp for August's tax payment. This way, your GIRO will not be triggered for deduction.
4. CardUp will transfer to IRAS directly on your behalf. After each payment has been completed, please allow 3-5 business days for it to be reflected in your myTax Portal account. The payment via CardUp will be shown as "E-payment" on your myTax portal account.
CardUp is not affiliated with IRAS and only acts as a payment service provider for your tax payments.