To schedule a tax payment on CardUp:
- Sign up for a free CardUp account and complete your profile. Or log in here if you are an existing user.
- Schedule your one-time tax payment, your payment reference will be pre-filled with the NRIC number linked to your CardUp account and will not be editable. When setting up your payment, an up-to-date copy of your Statement of Account will be required, showing your (1) Name (2) NRIC/FIN (3) Outstanding tax balance (4) Date of outstanding tax balance. A guide on where this can be obtained can be found here.
- Your income tax payment will only be processed if the payment amount you have set up matches the outstanding tax balance exactly, to ensure you are paying the correct amount to your tax account.
- 5 business days before the due date you have entered, CardUp charges your credit card for your payment amount plus a 2.6% CardUp fee.
- The payment will be securely sent to IRAS on the due date.
- 3-5 business days after your payment due date, you can log into your account on myTax Portal to check that the payment has been posted to your tax account.
- Only one tax payment per tax account will be allowed on CardUp within a one-year period, to prevent any reconciliation issues.
- Income tax payments can only be set up within a fixed window monthly. This is to allow the local tax authority sufficient time to process each payment, and to prevent any potential reconciliation issues with your payments.
Please note that for larger payment amounts , the CardUp team will get in touch with you after your payment has been scheduled, as we would require additional documents for verification.
If you have further questions or face any issues with your tax payments, please contact us here.