Yes it is as funds processed via CardUp are held in trust on behalf of our customers and do not belong to CardUp. This trust account is maintained with a local Singaporean bank. Furthermore, funds are never retained for more than 24 hours, as they are sent to the recipient the same day that they arrive.
Articles in this section
- How do CardUp tax payments work?
- Can I pay via instalments or can CardUp payments replace my existing GIRO payments?
- Why can I only schedule a tax payment within a fixed period each month?
- How do I know my payment has been received?
- Do I need to notify IRAS that I’ve paid via CardUp?
- I entered the wrong Tax Reference Number when making my payment, how do I resolve this?
- I paid the wrong amount, how do I resolve this?
- Is CardUp a tax agent?
- Is it safe to use CardUp for my taxes?
- Will I earn my card rewards on tax payments via CardUp?