You will receive an email notification from CardUp if card has been declined resulting in a payment failure.
The status of your unsuccessfully charged payment will show as ‘Failed’ until you select to resubmit the payment. Please note that if you do not resubmit your failed payment before the payment due date, your payment will be auto-cancelled and you will be notified via email.
Your payment may have failed due to the following reasons:
- You have insufficient available funds on your card
- You have entered incorrect details back when you registered the card to your account, such as the card expiry date, registered billing address, etc.
- Your card is suspended due to payment-related issues
You may reach out to us for the payment failure reason or you may contact your card issuer for clarification on how to resolve the card decline.
After your card decline has been resolved, you may select to resubmit your failed payment by doing the following:
- Log in to your CardUp account
- Go to Dashboard and click on the Failed tab to locate your failed payment
- Click on the 3 dots next to your failed payment and select View/Edit
- If required, you may update your payment speed or update your credit card details from here
- *A new card cannot be added from the View/Edit window of a failed payment. To add a new card, go to your dashboard and select Pay > Cards on the left menu
How do I add & update my credit card?
- Click on APPLY to resubmit your payment. Please note that by hitting Apply you are initiating an immediate charge of your card
- Your payment will now be updated to the status "Processing"
- After 2-3 minutes, refresh your browser - your payment status will be updated to ‘Charged’ to confirm your payment has been successfully charged
Please note that the payment due date will update to match the payout time of either the Next Business day or 3 Business days later based on the payment speed selected